This role is key to the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs as well as ensuring that facilities are safe and well-functioning.
Support, Helpdesk and Maintenance:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to the business via our internal helpdesk to resolve problems in person and remotely and escalate as required, whilst working with third-party support companies.
- Support and administer the internal phone system and mobile phones.
- Install, configure and update hardware and software applications.
- Perform routine maintenance on IT systems.
- Support and upgrade the network across all offices.
- Review the security of data, network access and backup systems and resolve any issues that arise.
- Work with the team providing security training to best practices as well as ensuring that IT systems remain secure.
- Ensure regular communication with the team and Company on IT and facilities updates.
Onboarding, Offboarding and Internal Moves:
- Carry out and support the onboarding of new starters and offboarding of leavers.
- Utilise project management tools to ensure that all steps are completed and a smooth onboarding/offboarding of employees.
- Carry out internal moves by the set deadline ensuring that permissions are reviewed.
- Help users and implement training to increase the adoption of IT services across the business.
- Work with IT suppliers for procurement of IT equipment following internal processes.
- Plan and implement IT projects and initiatives both with the team and independently.
- Help identify problematic areas and provide potential solutions and ideas.
- Work with third parties on day-to-day support and projects.
- Look at ways to improve processes for the use of IT across all departments and document new processes.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
- Keep the IT asset register up to date by conducting regular hardware, software, computer and computer accessories inventories, and report results to IT Manager.
- Produce regular reports on helpdesk performance.
- Work with the business and individual departments to identify reporting requirements.
- Build reports and carry out data analysis using tools such as PowerBI
- Acknowledge requests and queries within 24 hours reported via internal helpdesk.
- All New Users are setup prior to employee start date.
- Meeting departmental deadlines and achieving objectives.
- Accurate and timely query resolution.
- Proven experience in an IT Technician or similar Role
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Active Directory, Microsoft365 Admin and Endpoint Manager.
- Knowledge of SonicWALL, Unifi, Android & MacOS desirable.
- Familiarity with cloud services (e.g., AWS, Azure).
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good team player, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability.
IN RETURN WE OFFER:
- Working hours Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm with one hour for lunch, unpaid.
- Initially 23 Days annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays rising to 26 after 5 years service
- Excellent training & development opportunities within a growing organisation
- Life insurance
- BUPA health assessment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Volunteering leave policy
- 10% TradePoint (B&Q) discount
- Free parking