ASL is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Confidentiality Statement. If you do not give us permission to obtain certain data, we may not be able to provide you with the agreed product or service, or information on offers and promotions.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title of individuals within an organisation
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to provide you with the product or services you have agreed to, to understand your needs and provide you with improved service and information, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and accurate database management
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or post. We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
Controlling your Data
Personal data means data relating to an individual who can be identified from that data and can be factual e.g name, date of birth, bank details or can be an opinion e.g reference. Sensitive personal data includes information about a person’s race or ethnic origin, religious or similar beliefs or trade union membership. We will store your data until you notify us you no longer want us to contact you.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We will not sell distribute, sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email [email protected]. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.