Location: Bar Hill, Cambridge
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5pm with 1 hour for lunch unpaid
Salary: £25,000 – £40,000 per annum dependant on experience
ASL (Automated Systems Group Ltd) has grown to be one of the UK’s Top 3 independent suppliers of office services focussing on Managed Print Services (MPS), Unified Communications and software/IT. With over 7000 customers nationally, we supply the latest technology from many of the world’s leading manufacturers. ASL offer impartial advice and consultancy, delivering a strategic focus and assisting companies to achieve improved productivity and cost savings whilst providing them with market leading quality, service and reliability.
The role of Financial Analyst is a key role within the team dealing with the information process flow. The role will have a companywide impact by driving reporting and KPI metrics across the business.
The main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
The Financial Analyst will ensure that all new acquisitions are integrated effectively, and any potential issues identified and escalated. The successful candidate will also have the ability to design and implement new procedures to streamline the flow of data and accuracy of reporting to support better decision making.
- Take on and develop the reporting framework to ensure it continues to meet the needs of the business.
- Produce periodic reports to set timescales and look to improve / automate these where possible.
- Analyse financial data by collecting, monitoring, and creating financial models for decision support.
- Assist with annual and quarterly forecasting.
- Assist with the post-acquisition integration of acquired businesses.
- Provide financial analysis and reporting to support the preparation of monthly management accounts and Board pack.
- Act as the main point of contact for financial analysis across the business and design and monitor key KPI’s.
- Liaise with other functional heads of department to understand and design reporting to support their needs.
- Provide and design financial dashboard information to enable the business to better monitor performance and trends.
- Liaise closely with the business analyst to ensure that information is produced in a consistent manner with other reporting.
- Timely and accurate reporting in line with company timetables and internal reporting targets.
- Meeting pre-defined KPI’s set at quarterly/annual reviews.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Power BI or equivalent
- Visual report writing to enable graphical display of key metrics
- Excellent IT skills, including intermediate/advanced Excel and data analysis skills (e.g. SQL)
- API integration knowledge
- Professional telephone manner and communication skills
- Proactive approach with little supervision required
- Highly numerate, with excellent knowledge of company IT systems and databases
- Methodical and organised approach with the ability to work to deadlines
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
In return we offer:
- Working hours Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm with one hour for lunch, unpaid.
- Initially 23 Days annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays rising to 26 after 5 years service
- Excellent training & development opportunities within a growing organisation
- Life insurance
- BUPA health assessment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Volunteering leave policy
- Free parking
- Health club gym membership