ASL are a fast expanding company, one of the largest independent managed office services suppliers in the UK. The Company is a market leader in terms of service, quality and reliability. Our growth plans are very ambitious, and depend on recruiting the right staff with the right proactive attitudes.
We are, therefore, constantly looking for quality people across all aspects of the business. This includes opportunities for enthusiastic and dedicated Engineers in all areas from the Midlands through to East Anglia and across London and the South East, in addition to administrative, warehouse and workshop roles at our Head Office in Bar Hill, Cambridge.
At ASL, we want our staff to be part of the business, feel valued and above all enjoy working for us. We actively encourage staff to develop their skills and knowledge providing learning and development opportunities to enable staff to reach their full potential.
As a company we also have a commitment to developing opportunities for young people and taking on new apprentices, it is always worth contacting us to see if there are any apprenticeship vacancies on offer.
Please contact our HR Manager, Mandy Dunn at [email protected] with your details should you be interested in a career working for a growing business within an ever changing environment.
Location: Bar Hill, Cambridge
Hours: To be discussed, 15 – 20 hours over 3-4 days a week
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 pro rata
The Payroll Officer is a key role within the team dealing with the accurate and timely processing of information to ensure that staff are paid correctly and reporting to HMRC is fulfilled.
This is an exciting role working in a busy, professional and friendly environment in our Finance team based out of our head office in Bar Hill, Cambridge.
ASL (Automated Systems Group Ltd) has grown to be one of the UK’s Top 10 independent suppliers of office services focussing on Managed Print Services (MPS), Unified Communications and software/IT. We have over 7000 customers nationally and over 175 employees over various locations.
Here at ASL we offer a wide variety of office and print solutions to all from small businesses through to local government. Our aim at ASL is to help make businesses more efficient, cost effective and environmentally sound by offering office solutions to meet our customers changing needs.
We are a Company that looks to build every department on the principles of customer care. With a high level of both customer and employee retention, we provide a Managed Service solution to most of our customers and many of these projects have required the introduction of innovative software solutions, managed and maintained by ASL.
- To be responsible for processing monthly payroll including overtime, bonuses statutory payments and pensions
- Dealing with discrepancies and queries relating to payroll and resolve or escalate as appropriate
- Supporting of the monthly financial accounting requirements of the business, to include report generation, producing monthly payroll journals, reconciliations, etc.
- Responsibility for the running of the Company Pension Schemes – experience with NEST is essential
- Raising monthly and ad hoc payroll related payments
- Processing of company cars / P11D’s, and dealing with associated queries
- Completion of all company and year-end payroll processes
- Support any Payroll / HR projects as required
- Updating of payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions etc
- Preparation of reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages
- Managing fuel cards, car insurance and related tasks
- Responsibility for gender pay gap reporting when required
- Assisting with other finance duties as required.
- Accurate control and processing of information leading to minimal queries from the monthly pay run achieving payment deadlines.
- Correct submission of information to HMRC to meet the company’s Payroll related obligations
- Advice in relation to changing regulatory obligations to ensure that the company can plan and assess impacts of the change.
- Able to commit to a 15-20hpw arrangement (negotiable and flexible)
- Extensive experience in payroll processes,
- Extensive knowledge of pensions schemes and auto-enrolment
- Professional, confident and diplomatic when liaising with others applying discretion at all times
In return we offer:
- Initially 23 Days annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays pro rata
- Excellent training & development opportunities within a growing organisation
- Life insurance
- Health club gym membership
- BUPA health assessment
- Volunteering Charity leave policy
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Free parking