Disinfecting surfaces during the COVID-19 outbreak is a best practice to limit the survival of the virus and prevent transmission. In the workplace, devices such as copiers and printers are high-touch surfaces that must be cleaned and disinfected regularly. Here are some tips to clean the surfaces of your office technology devices:
- Always wear disposable latex gloves while cleaning.
- Turn off and unplug your device. Never clean it while it is switched on and plugged into an outlet.
- In a spray bottle, mix 70 percent isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol with 30 percent water (per CDC recommendations).
- Spray this mixture onto a microfiber cloth and gently wipe the surfaces to be cleaned.
- Never spray disinfectant directly onto a device.
- While cleaning, pay special attention to the surfaces commonly touched by users, such as buttons, touchscreens, tray handles, etc.
- Do not allow moisture to drip into open areas such as keyboards or USB ports, as this can damage your device.
- Make sure all surfaces have completely air-dried before plugging in and turning on the device.
- Discard latex gloves after each cleaning and wash your hands after removing the gloves.
For more cleaning tips or for help moving your devices, click on the button below to get in touch.