For many business owners, the deciding of fixtures and fittings for the workspace can often be one headache you would rather do without. Equipment such as printers, faxes and scanners are all crucial elements of the setup, but can cause issues with regards to sourcing, pricing, installation and maintenance. In addition, there are also a myriad of options to choose from, with regard to brand, type, colour or mono, and a number of other factors which make it difficult to select the one which is best for you. One area you may not have previously considered, however, and one which could prove a positive bonus for your business, is large format printing.
Put simply, large format printing is printing that is carried out using a device that uses media which is larger than standard desktop formats. Examples include A3, 8.5″x11″, and similar. Large format printers may include printers which range in physical size from 12″ wide to several yards, depending on the preferred usage, potential location and design. These printers open a new world of possibilities in regards for potential projects and creative designs and can prove a large bonus feature to your office or workspace if used correctly.
There are a number of benefits which can come with large format printing:
– Speed: A large format printer will be able to offer print speeds which are unmatched by any other multifunction or desktop printer; on average, they are able to produce up to 15 posters in one hour, and include extremely high-quality graphics and images.
– High quality: The droplet technology which is used by large format printers allows microscopic ink droplets, ensuring precision and incredible high-quality images, unable to be produced by standard printers.
– Clarity: The large format printers can distinguish between images and text more easily during the print process. This means it is easier to produce prints clearly and accurately, and display the image and graphics to their best advantage.
– Accessibility: Wide format printers often have large touch screen menus to operate, alter settings, or check connectivity. This means that is easier to use than a typical desktop printer, and is more accessible for those who may have additional issues, or who may not be confident with technology.
– Mobile printing: Accessibility and convenience are also massively enhanced by the mobile printing feature which is common with most large format printers. Users are able to print from mobile phones and other wireless devices, meaning that multiple users can access the printer at the same time without having to be physically connected, and allows you to print from emails on phones or tablets, making the whole process more convenient for everyone.
– Save the environment: For those eco-conscious consumers, there is good news: wide format printers can be more eco-friendly, as the quality is higher, requiring fewer copies. The larger space also allows more information to be contained on a single sheet, reducing the amount of paper and ink which may be required. As an additional advantage, many large format printers tend to use UV curing and low-VOC inks, which are more environmentally friendly.
Wide format printers allow the opportunity to create incredible visual campaigns, with stunning images, eye-catching graphics, and a chance for businesses to really grab the attention of their potential buyers and customers by creating marketing which stands out from the crowd. Having an in-house machine also reduces the need for outsourcing: all printed material can be designed and created within the business, therefore reducing potential costs and overheads, and allowing more profit to be generated.
But isn’t this expensive?
Whilst it is undeniable that wide format print management has a huge number of benefits and bonuses for businesses, there is also downside that such equipment can prove costly, particularly in the early days of setting up a business. There is a solution to this however which can solve a number of issues: the option to lease or rent.
Renting or leasing a printer allows you to pay for equipment as you go, saving you the hassle of an initial upfront cost, as well as the cost of ongoing repairs and maintenance. These will often come with full installation service, delivery, and qualified expert engineers on the other end of a phone should something go wrong. This allows you to select the best printer for your business needs, and enables you to focus on what is important: your clients, and leave the technical issues to experts. This solution also allows you to spread the cost, reducing that need for an initial upfront cost which eats into your set up costs.
Large format printing has a number of benefits and could be a valuable asset to many aspects of your business. It is now also more accessible than ever and could prove a lucrative and worthwhile investment